Awbury Arboretum is a 55-acre landscape, originally the private estate of the Cope-Haines family, an extended clan of wealthy Quaker shipping merchants.

The historic, Francis Cope House (1862), a gracious Victorian stone mansion, serves as Awbury’s headquarters. Surrounding the house on the east side of Washington Lane lie 33 acres of rolling lawns, mature specimen trees and copses, special gardens, a bird sanctuary, restored ponds, wetlands, meadows being returned to native plants and wildflowers, and woods.

October

20oct11:00 am4:00 pmAwbury Arboretum: Harvest Festival